- What's On
- Arts & Culture
- Get Involved
- Spaces for hire
idverde is the UK’s leading provider of integrated management and maintenance services for parks and green spaces. The company has recently merged with the largest French landscaping business and together, the idverde group is the largest of its kind in Europe. In the UK, we employ over a thousand employees nationally and we’re growing fast. The services we provide include landscape design and construction, park management and consultancy, grounds maintenance, tree surgery and external cleansing.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: London and South East
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our successful, award winning team delivering projects for Local Authority and Main Contractor clients across London and the South East. You will play a key role in leading the delivery of public realm construction projects from £200,000 to £3m.
Reporting to the Operations Director the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.
Key responsibilities include;
· Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned projects to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts;
· Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract performance data;
· Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement idverde’s policies for risk management;
· Support the authorisation and submission of project variations, placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders;
· Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and support the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers;
· Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments;
· Implement all of idverde’s policies including those for QHSE and risk management
· Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
· Experience within a similar role working on NEC, JCT and JCLI contracts
· Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
· Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
· Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
· Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
This position offers good career prospects within the organisation and full training and development opportunities will be provided for the right candidate.
If you would like to be considered, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to the email address below quoting LSEQS. The covering letter should clearly state the skills and experiences you possess which are particularly relevant to the role.
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 31st January 2020
idverde is an Equal Opportunities employer
If you’re looking for something specific that you haven’t found on our website, click the link below and tell us what it is, and we will try and help you or point you in the right direction.