- What's On
- Arts & Culture
- Get Involved
- Spaces for hire
Location: London or Bristol
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment Ltd (Waterman IE) is seeking to further expand its Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) team by filling a vacancy for a EIA Consultant/Senior EIA Consultant in London or Bristol.
Waterman IE is a leading environmental and engineering consultancy providing multi-disciplinary services to the property, infrastructure, energy and environmental markets.
Operating from London, Redhill, Manchester, Bristol and Glasgow, our 17-strong EIA team has helped clients successfully deliver high-profile estate regeneration projects, mixed-use urban developments, strategic land schemes, tall buildings, industrial & logistics facilities and port upgrades across the UK. Our project portfolio includes; Liverpool Cruise Liner Terminal, Battersea Power Station, Victoria Gate Leeds, Edinburgh St James, Brent Cross Cricklewood, Aberdeen Harbour Extension, Elephant & Castle, Heygate Masterplan, Stag Brewery, Three Elms Hereford, Old Oak Park, Purfleet Centre Regeneration and Canada Water.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to join a highly rated professional EIA team with a strong reputation for quality, working on a wide variety of high profile projects in the urban regeneration and infrastructure sectors. They will also, from time to time, have an opportunity to be involved in the delivery of other environmental assessments, including Sustainability Appraisals, Strategic Environmental Assessment and Water Framework Directive (WFD) Assessments.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Day-to-day management and coordination of EIA, including budget control
• Preparation of screening requests, scoping requests and environmental statements
• Attending meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and statutory and non-statutory consultees
• Assistance with fee proposals, bids and commercial pitches and contribution to wider business development activities
The candidate we are seeking should ideally have:
• A degree and / or Masters in a related subject
• A minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience.
• Membership of relevant professional body, such as IEMA
• Detailed knowledge of the EIA process and UK EIA Regulations, as well as the planning system
• Demonstrable track record in managing and delivering proportionate EIA on complex sites in the UK
• A keen eye for detail, with excellent report writing, communication and project management skills.
• Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
• A full UK driving licence.
The role offers excellent career opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you’re looking for something specific that you haven’t found on our website, click the link below and tell us what it is, and we will try and help you or point you in the right direction.