- What's On
- Arts & Culture
- Get Involved
- Spaces for hire
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment is seeking to further expand its Contaminated Land team in London by filling a vacancy for a Consultant.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to join a highly rated professional team with a strong reputation for quality, technical knowledge and providing our clients with commercially focused solutions.
As a Consultant you will be involved in delivery of projects from day one, with exposure to some of the most prestigious schemes in the UK. We encourage and develop our staff, and provide them with a varied workload and the autonomy to work individually, as well as giving them the opportunity to make a valued contribution to the team. Reporting to your Director or Project Manager, you will support them in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
Your core responsibilities would include:
• Supporting the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered effectively, on budget and on time;
• Completing fieldwork (rain or shine!) including site inspections, supervision of site investigation works, groundwater monitoring and ground gas monitoring;
• Perform routine analysis and data collection;
• Critically appraise a site based on available data;
• Prepare reports and routine sections of interpretive reports;
• Ensure that technical performance standards are maintained on projects you are involved in;
• Support the development and provision of technical work in your areas of expertise;
• Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements at all times.
The candidates we are seeking should ideally have:
• A relevant Degree or Masters level qualification;
• One to two years’ experience in contaminated land consultancy;
• The drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your technical and behavioural skills;
• Have a sound understanding of environmental principles in relation to the contaminated land sector and fieldwork experience;
• Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally;
• Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work on your own initiative;
• Flexible approach to work;
• Strong attention to detail.
• A full UK driving licence
The role offers excellent career prospects within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Waterman Group Careers [email protected])
All applications will be treated in confidence.
If you’re looking for something specific that you haven’t found on our website, click the link below and tell us what it is, and we will try and help you or point you in the right direction.