- Arts & Culture
- Get Involved
- Spaces for hire
Setting up your own community group can be tricky, so why not tap into our practical experience free of charge?
Whether you want to create a social group for over 50s, a special forum for young parents, a gardening or sports club, or anything else, our help will take the pain away from the headache-inducing practicalities, leaving you with more time to focus on the creative aspects of your project and managing your funds.
There are so many things to consider when starting your own community group, some require more expertise than others. These include:
• deciding the aims of your group
• working out what you want to do and the resources you need
• choosing your legal structure and how to write a constitution
• opening a new bank account for the group
• knowing how to develop policies and procedures
• knowing how to set up a committee and understand roles and responsibilities
• knowing how to run and keep records of meetings
• planning your Annual General Meeting.
Tap into our knowledge
This may seem like a daunting list if you haven’t set up your own community group before, so discussing your options with and getting guidance from experts who understand the process can be hugely comforting.
Our community team would like to help you understand the best options available. We work in partnership with other local organisations, including Greenwich Action for Voluntary Service and the Bexley Voluntary Service Council, so there’s plenty of experience and knowledge to tap into to make sure your community group makes a smooth start.
When you contact us we’ll give you all the advice you need to enable you to make the best decisions on the practical points above. We’ll offer guidance notes, sample and template documents, and all the support necessary to make your brilliant community group idea flourish.
If you would like to contact us, please fill in the form via the "Setting up a Community Group" button below.