Get Arty: Exploring art in nature, Terms and Conditions
- The competition is by Making Space for Nature a partnership project between Peabody, Groundwork London and Mayor of London which aims to get people excited about nature and spending time outdoor
- The promoter Groundwork London whose registered office is at 18-21 Morley Street, London, SE1 7QZ
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Peabody and Groundwork London and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via the Thamesmead Now website - https://www.thamesmeadnow.org.uk/inside-guide/get-arty-exploring-art-in-nature/. There will be posts put on the Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts which will direct people to this link.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be Friday 17th July at 12pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Create an art piece inspired by nature and your immediate surroundings. The art piece can be the following –
- A photo taken of a natural art piece (art or sculpture)
- A drawing of natural art (due to Covid-19 restrictions, photos will need to be taken of the drawing and uploaded, not the original drawing piece)
- A photo capturing natural art (as opposed to a photo of a piece of work)
- A poem (typed and uploaded, hand written pieces will not be accepted)
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- There will be 5 prizes available of £30 gift vouchers. These will be for a DIY or garden shop.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges using the following criteria –
- Creativity - How can you creatively use the materials that you have chosen or collected to show the local environment?
- Originality – Can you highlight the environment in a new way.
- Sensitivity – Does your work highlight the natural environment in a positive way or does your art use recycled materials – leaves, twigs, soil etc?
A combination of these factors will be used to select winners so not all aspects will need to be covered in one entry.
- The winners will be notified by email and/or phone. If the winners cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within seven days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- If you are selected, we will capture some personal information about you to accompany your entry, such as your name, age, your inspiration behind your entry and how long you have lived in Thamesmead. You only need to provide the information you are comfortable with and we will discuss this with you.
The winning entries will be available to view in the Thamesmead newsletter.
There is a possibility that copies will be available to view in public venues after Covid-19 lockdown restrictions have been eased. These venues will be decided at a later date when it is safe to travel again.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, non-winners entries may also be displayed in public venues, subject to owners permission.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: [email protected]
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Groundwork London’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- Groundwork London shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Groundwork London also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.